GP Online Services
- book or change a GP appointment
- order a repeat prescription
- access your medical records online
- and more... (see below)
Medical records include information about your medicine, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results, hospital discharge summaries, appointment letters and referral letters. You can also nominate someone you trust to access them.
How Do I Register For Online Services?
To register for online services complete the appropriate medical record online access form below and read the attached patient information leaflet. Submit the completed form at the reception with photographic ID and you will be issued with a username and password. This is so that we can verify your identity and protect your confidentiality.
Form A: For self-online account (aged 16 and above) - View/Download
Form B: Access for children, parents and guardians – Proxy access - View/Download
Proxy access refers to access to online services by somebody acting on behalf of the patient and usually with the patient’s consent. The proxy does not have to be a registered patient at the practice.
- Child access will automatically be disabled when a child reaches the age of 11 and 16
- A competency assessment will be carried out to grant the proxy access. A competent child must authorise the request for Proxy Access/ this will be at the discretion of a clinician.
- A child deemed competent may have access to their online record or authorise a parent/carer to have Proxy Access to their full medical record or limited proxy access to specific services, such as appointment booking or repeat prescription requests, but not to the medical records.
- Where a child is deemed not to be competent, a parent will apply for access but will be registered as a Proxy User at the discretion of a clinician.
Do not book for smear, dressing,wound care, travel immunisations or antenatal online. Only GP appointments are currently available to book online.
Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App provides a simple and secure way for patients to book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access a range of other healthcare services.
Who is it suitable for?
The NHS App is for people aged 13 and over who are registered with a connected GP surgery. You can use some of the app's features without your GP surgery being connected.
How does it work?
With the NHS App you can:
- share your COVID-19 status – view and share proof of your COVID-19 status for travel
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments - search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- get health advice - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your health record - securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data - choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning and you have the option to opt out
- view your NHS number - find out what your NHS number is
- view your hospital and other healthcare appointments
- family members and carers can access health services on behalf of someone else they care for - to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and view their health record, where appropriate.
Download the NHS APP and Contact GP surgery for your NHS number and to send you the linkage key details by email.
Any issues using NHS APP contact NHS App Team via NHS APP Contact us